1. Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness.
2. Imposes a deductible that does not exceed $500 per year.
3. Imposes no provisions for co-insurance that exceed 25% per accident or illness.
4. Policy coverage must be in effect for a minimum of the semester dates.
5. Imposes no exclusions for essential activities.
6. Medical evacuation coverage amount is no less than $50,000.
7. Repatriation coverage amount is no less than $25,000.
If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements, submit electronic copies of the following documents with your online waiver request:
1. A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card indicating the student as a covered member.
2. A scanned copy of your complete policy, including coverage amounts, exclusions, and limitations in English using US dollars.
3. A scanned copy of your medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (if you have this coverage).
Once you login, select the RED button under the “No, I do not want the insurance.” Section.
Please see the ‘AHP Waiver System – Student Training’ link below for a video tutorial on how to use the Waiver System.
Please contact Academic HealthPlans at 855-844-3018 if you have questions.
Click Here To Submit the Student Waiver Request