A waiver of the health insurance fee may be requested online with proof of acceptable alternate insurance.
In order to be approved for a waiver of enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), your alternative health coverage must meet or exceed the requirements as set forth below and be submitted by the waiver deadline date. Please be advised that the waiver request will be reviewed for compliance and verified active with the insurance carrier. Notification of acceptance or rejection of this request will be sent to your College email within seven business days.
1. Student is sponsored by the United States government or
2. Student is sponsored by a foreign government recognized by the United States or
3. Student is enrolled in an US employer-provided group health and
4. Travel plans will not be accepted
International F and J Student Visa Holders must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness.
2. Imposes a deductible that does not exceed $500 per year.
3. Imposes no provisions for co-insurance that exceed 25% per accident or illness.
4. Policy coverage must be in effect for a minimum of the semester dates.
5. Imposes no exclusions for essential activities.
6. Medical evacuation coverage amount is no less than $50,000.
7. Repatriation coverage amount is no less than $25,000.
If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements, submit electronic copies of the following documents with your online waiver request:
1. A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card indicating the student as a covered member.
2. A scanned copy of your complete policy, including coverage amounts, exclusions, and limitations in English using US dollars.
3. A scanned copy of your medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (if you have this coverage).
Once you login, select the RED button under the “No, I do not want the insurance.” Section.
Please see the ‘AHP Waiver System - Student Training’ link below for a video tutorial on how to use the Waiver System.
Please contact Academic HealthPlans at 855-844-3018 if you have questions.
Click Here To Submit the Student Waiver Request